During this year’s Howard County Veterans Day Parade & Celebration, the Columbia Association and POST 156 are collaborating with Bailey’s Bundles to collect donated items for care packages to be sent overseas to deployed troops. These care packages continue the legacy of Vivian “Millie” Bailey, who served as a first lieutenant in the Women’s Army Corps during World War 2 and was a longtime champion of Veterans in the Howard County community.
You’re welcome to donate items from the list below to help fill boxes that will be sent to American service men and women across the globe. Donation drop boxes will be stationed at the Lakefront prior to the celebration.
All donated items should be small, portable and individually wrapped for ease of distribution. Snacks should be in small packages.
- Kind Bars
- Protein bars, granola bars or nut bars
- Beef jerky or Slim Jims
- Pringles (small snack size containers)
- Trail mix, peanuts, mixed nuts, etc.
- Cheez-its, cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Tuna Lunches to Go
- Individual Drink mix packets (i.e. – Crystal Light, Mio, Gatorade, Propel)
- Word puzzles, crossword puzzles, Sudoku